24 February 2013

How to... make a coffee pot cozy.




After making the 9 patch quilt block last week I decided to use it for something practical and make a coffee pot cozy.




1. Sew two 9 patch quilt blocks together.





2. Layer the two 9 patch quilt blocks with wadding and backing. I used the same blue material as I used in the 9 patch block. Pin together.


3. Quilt the layers together. I decided on a diagonal criss-cross pattern in blue cotton so I could see how accurate I was (not very! I need to get a special tool to help me with this. I’ve seen in in my local sewing shop so will add this to the list of crafty things I need to purchase!). Then Trim to make the edges neat and easier to stitch the binding on.



4. Sew on the binding.



 5. Sew on a button...



6. ...and a fabric loop …


7. All finished!



All ready to keep my coffee warm.









No comments:

Post a Comment